Thursday, August 10, 2006

I Think I'm In Love!

Today is a lazy day, so I hopped in my car and drove to my local Hollywood Videos to look for something to watch. My furniture finally arrived (looks great!) and I wanted to celebrate by watching something good.

The original plan was to find the second "Anne of Green Gables" movie (having just finished watching the first) but the store did not have it. I really am going to have to buy it eventually...Anyway, I almost decided to leave, but instead I went to the "Classics" section to have a look.

I ended up renting "Sabrina" and "The Big Sleep," because, after my recent initiation into watching Humphrey Bogart and Audrey Hepburn movies, I want to see more.

I made a pot of tea and sat down to watch "Sabrina."



I loved it! What a charming, lovely movie. Audrey Hepburn is adorable, and Bogey is absolutely divine, as well.



I don't know why I haven't seen more of the classics--for a long time, I was stupidly turned off by the black-and-white picture or the lack of decent effects. But I have grown up, and I can't tell you how lovely it is to watch a movie that revolves around plot, wit, and a refreshing lack of explosions, nudity and gratuitous sex scenes.

So yes, I think I'm in love...with Bogey, Hepburn and classic movies. I'd write more but I really need to fix a salad for dinner and settle in with Bogey and Bacall in "The Big Sleep."

No comments: