Sunday, August 20, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again

...or the elliptical, as the case my be.

That's right, my friends--I worked out tonight! I did 50 minutes on the elliptical (in two sessions) and about 20 minutes of upper-body weight training. I feel so good! In a few minutes I'll take a quick shower and then read for a bit before going to sleep.

Tomorrow I should be in my classroom most of the day. Friday is my first official day on the books. I might come home this weekend and chill with Mom and Dad for a night or two. Until I start meeting more people down here, I get a bit lonely.

On a side note, BIG KUDOS to my driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and his Brew Crew today--they had an awesome car, and it's such a shame that the lug nut gun broke in a late pitstop. If he'd only had 10 more laps, he would have caught Matt Kenseth and taken the win. Still, it was great to see the red Bud car out front a lot today, and Junior managed to get a 6th place finish--not bad at all.

And that's it for now!

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: