Thursday, July 06, 2006

Take My Breath Away...

I admit it.

When Tom Cruise jumped on Oprah's couch (I was in England, so I didn't watch but I did read about it), a teensy bit of any regard I had for him crumbled. Then sweet, Catholic little Katie Holmes was suddenly lured to the dark side and quickly impregnated.

Tom's ego was writing checks his body can't cash.



The clincher was his outspoken verbal diarhea regarding Brooke Shields and post-partem depression. Okay, Tom--you give birth to a baby and suffer from the massive hormonal imbalances and tell me if you feel fabulous!

I simply lost that lovin' feeling.



Really, people--this man is a nut! Heather spoke of buying a "Free Katie" t-shirt, and I seriously considered it, as well.

Normally the lives of celebrities, with all of their romances, break-ups and brouhahas, don't really affect me, but Tom Cruise really pissed me off--how in the world would I ever watch Top Gun again?

I figured it would take some fancy flying--very hard for Cruise to do, in my opinion--to get me to buy that movie on DVD, even though it's been on my Amazon wish list for ages.




"That's right--Ice. Man. I did ruin this movie for Meg."

Such a shame! I mean, really. I don't need anyone ruining movies like Top Gun for me. It has it all--a killer late-80s soundtrack, a tongue-kissing scene that makes my toes curl, Navy men, fast jets, and sweaty, shirtless men playing volleyball.


"You know, Mav, IceMan and Slider look much better without shirts than you do..."

No doubt about it--this movie is a classic, and Tom's silly antics and therapy-bashing ways turned me right off. But still, there was this little part of me that really wanted to go right into the danger zone and watch this movie again.

Today I was at Target and I saw the DVD on sale for $7.50. I figured Tommy Boy wouldn't get a hell of a lot of royalties from my eight bucks, so I bought it. I just love that movie too much to let Tom get in the way.

I always liked Ice Man better, anyway.


"I don't know whose side you're on, but Megan's on mine, so there."

No comments: