Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hooked Up, High-Powered, Licensed and Insured, and I've Got Movies, Too!

Whew! I'd forgotten how much work there is in moving and setting up a new home.

For starters, yesterday, Dad and I went to the local DMV to change the title for Rosie Protege into my name. Rosie has always been my car (I picked her out, test drove her, and made payments) but Dad took custody while I was in England. Now, I am officially a car owner, and she is paid off, to boot.

I also had to change my license over from Washington to California. That's the easy part. That's in the mail and soon I'll have a California ID to match Rosie's California plates.

After DMV, I called USAA (United Services Automobile Association) and set up car insurance. I've had my own coverage before, but this last year, due to financial constraints, I've been on Dad's coverage.

Can I just say that USAA is awesome? It is devoted to the insurance, banking and credit needs of U.S. military service members and their families. The best part? I am eligible for service for the rest of my life, simply for being born to a member of the armed forces. How's that for customer service?

Today, I've called PG&E (for my British readers, that's Pacific Gas and Electric), SBC (Southwestern Bell Corporation--phone), and Comcast for my cable needs. I got a great deal there. I will be $30 a month for 12 months for my standard cable and Starz movie channels!

Now all I need is Internet service...which is next on my to-do list. But for now, a quick break for lunch.

Cheers!

Meg

No comments: