Thursday, June 22, 2006

Frappucino, Anyone?

I'm sitting here at Starbucks. For another few days, this is how I get to check my email--on the laptop, with a Strawberries and Cream Frappucino in front of me.

You see, a few weeks ago, a laptop computer was stolen somewhere in this world. This computer had the information of millions of America's veterans in it. Dad, being a cautious man, had an alert put on his credit card. The phone company here in the Central Valley of CA had a coniption fit and didn't activate our phone service. Instead of calling Dad, they let it drop for three weeks. So Dad moved to CA, thinking there were no problems, only to have no dial tone and no idea who to talk to. And good luck getting a human being on the hotlines!

We finally got it all ironed out on Tuesday and the phone company told Dad that they'll be out to hook up our phone service--next week. So basically, we suffer, even though Dad did his job in all of this. Gah!

So I have many Frappucinos in my future, and trips to the nicely air-conditioned Starbucks near our home with Dad's laptop. I'd prefer my jammies and the desktop computer, but what are ya gonna do?

In other news...

The move went well, the kitties are just fine, it's hot but I'm not too nasty from it yet, and I need to make some phone calls to friends to catch up and make plans for lunch, dinner, whatever. I've been soooo tired this week!

So, dear friends, I'll be in touch soon. Give me some time to get over the laziness, and to find my cell phone among the boxes of stuff. That's another thing. If you need to reach me, call my cell phone, Washington number. I won't change that number until we have land line phone service. You can email, but I won't be checking more than once a day, so that can be problematic...

More soon!

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: