Saturday, May 06, 2006

Lucky Number Eight

The number 8 horse in today's Kentucky Derby was Barbaro...and he won.

Car number 8 in tonight's NASCAR race was driven, as usual, by one Dale Earnhardt Jr. And he won!!!



That's right--my boy won it, and in nail-biting, pedal-to-the-medal fashion. He had a great car all evening, but it wasn't the most dominant car. However, it doesn't really matter who leads the most laps in a race--only who leads the last lap. And that was Junebug tonight--with rookie Denny Hamlin charging on his tail. But Hamlin didn't have enough to get around Junior, and my boy charged across the finish line for his first win since last July.

Not to mention, it's the first time I've watched Junior win since 2004. His last win came while I was still in England.

So this has been a really fun day for me, sports-wise. To quote Darrel Waltrip, one of the race announcers:

Bring it home, Junebug!!!

No comments: