Saturday, April 22, 2006

Saturday Night's Alright

Don't give us none of your aggravation
We had it with your discipline
Saturday night's alright for fighting
Get a little action in


From "Saturday Night's Alright (For Figting)
Music: Elton John
Lyrics: Bernie Taupin


Yes, Saturday night is alright...for pink pajamas and a chocolate milkshake. The wildest experience I had this evening was watching NASCAR. And you know what? That's a good thing.

I'm glad to report that I am well recovered from the trauma of Thursday. Friday was an interesting day in Sixth Grade Choir...I told my class, "I'm still mad about your behavior yesterday. I didn't want to come to work today, I'm so mad." I got a lot of wide-eyed stares, and there was definitely a subdued atmosphere in the choir room. They're just not used to Miss Cooper being pissed off at them. Frustrated, yes. Pissed off, not so much.

I also spent about 10 minutes going over the importance of emergency drills--both real and practice. I told them the number one reason I was so angry with them was that they prevented me from doing my job in that situation: keeping them safe. I think most of them understood why I was angry. Between "the talk" and the fact that I had a stack of about 40 pink slips in front of me the whole period, they stayed pretty quiet.

After choir, I subbed for a math teacher for two periods. After school, I was talking to another teacher in the office, when Ms. Dean of Students walked by and overheard me telling of my Great Lockdown Adventure. She interjected, "I think you had the most stressful situation in the whole school yesterday." I just laughed.

Anyway, once I was free from my duties at school, I drove down to Silverdale to spend some time at Barnes and Noble--always a pick-me-up. Then I came home and relaxed.

Today I have gotten some stuff done. I cleaned my room and bathroom, after a three-week hiatus, which is unheard of from me. Then I did Litterbox Duty (Mom and Dad are in California, so I'm in charge of cleaning up after three piggy little cats) and a bit of sweeping. Then I busied myself in the kitchen, trying a new idea I had a day or two ago. I cooked some red bell pepper, onion, zuchini, and portabella mushrooms in a tiny bit of olive oil and minced garlic. Then I stuffed the veggie mix into miniature pita bread pockets and topped each one with a pinch of asiago cheese. I heated them in the oven for about 10 minutes and...YUMMMM. Delicious! I sat around with a plate of those and a trashy romance novel until it was time for the race to start.

So that's been my Saturday. Some light chores and a lot of relaxing. Tomorrow I'll finish some coursework for an online class I'm taking and do some more relaxing. Oh, and finish the small mountain of laundry that needs to be done so that I have stuff to wear this week.

In other news...Mom and Dad found a house! They're pretty excited. They are going to put an offer in on a house in a Del Webb development in Lincoln. Our house here in PL is all but sold (will be finalized in mid-May) and we plan to move back to California in June, once my contract at the school is finished.

As for my living arrangements, I'll cross that bridge when I get a job. I had a good chat with my master teacher from my student teaching days on Thursday, and he's a good connection to have. He reassured me that the job process will start getting busier in May and June, so I needn't worry too much right now.

But worry I will...it's just my nature.

In the meantime, I have a trashy romance novel to read and three sweet kitties to cuddle with. Buenos noches, mis amigos!

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: