Friday, March 24, 2006

Victoria

I'm going to Victoria!! Woohoo!

I just booked 3 nights at the Dominion Grand Hotel in downtown Victoria. I'm going to get there by car and ferry. I leave April 3rd and return on the 7th. As I really, really, really need a few days out of town, I'm absolutely thrilled right now.

Here's the hotel:


The bar:


It's within walking distance of the major attractions, so I can leave my car at the hotel and cruise around on foot--however, I will be able to drive out to Butchart Gardens without worrying about public transport. Lovely! Though I've just read that there are tours that depart from the lobby...hmmm.

I have so much I want to do--the gardens, of course, and the museums, but I also want to have High Tea at the Empress Hotel if I can. It's so la-di-da that they won't let you in if you're wearing jeans. That's right up my alley--I love dressing up and I'm Little Miss Drink Your Tea, British Style, anyway.

Oh, my friends...I am so in need of a getaway right now! School has been crazy, the weather topsy-turvy, and I do so love my adventures in travel. BONUS: This excursion requires a passport, and takes me to a country I've not yet been to.

More details to come!

Cheers,

Meg

1 comment:

Sassy Shae said...

Meg, again I'm envious! Have a great time!