Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I'm Sorry For the Bad News...

...but I'm going to jail.

Yep. Orange jumpsuits, handcuffs, the whole bit.

You see, today, due to recent copy-cat bomb threats posted in the girls' and boys' bathrooms, I heeded the advice of Mrs. Principal to only let kids go to the bathroom in the strictest emergencies. In other words, I did not let any of my forty-four darlings go during choir rehearsal today.

Well, you can bet that made them mad, and at least two kids told me that I am on the wrong side of the law in this matter. I laughed and one of my snottiest girls said, "You're laughing, but you won't be in jail!!"

I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing harder. I think I just looked away from her so I wouldn't open up and laugh 'till I was crying and rolling around on the floor. That, you see, wouldn't be good for her self-esteem.

In other news...

Happy Birthday, Beverly!

Who didn't read the Ramona books as a child? A heartfelt Happy Birthday wish goes out to Beverly Cleary, who will be 90 on April 12.

Momentary Panic

Just read the Google News headline: Cyclone nears WA coast.

Uhhh...how is it I haven't heard about this? Turns out the WA stands for West Australia, not Washington's post code.

Go, Meg, Go!

Forty minutes on Saturday. Forty minutes on Monday. Fifty-five minutes last night. Forty minutes today.

Yes, folks, it's true--I'm on a work-out roll again. That elliptical machine is great for me, and I find with a good magazine in front of me and a bottle of water, I can spend long amounts of time on it and not mind.

So yeah, I'm feeling quite proud of myself. ; )

Cheers!

No comments: