Thursday, February 16, 2006

Home Alone



First order of busness: Make a mess.

Well, it's only my laundry, piled on the bridge outside my bedroom, sorted into groups by color (whites/pastel pinks/yellows, black, greens/blues, reds/purples). I'll probably get around to actually washing them on Saturday. Yeah, probably Saturday.

Mom and Dad left this morning on a two-week excursion to Arizona. They're meeting up with their friends John and Kathy in Sacramento and then driving to AZ, with a one-night stop in Las Vegas. So here I am, holding the fort down and making messes. My grand plan for the weekend is to watch the Daytona 500 (Goooo Junior!!) on Sunday, with no interruptions and the volume cranked way up.

My chief duties while Mom and Dad are out of town include: Poop Patrol (a daily project with three kitties running around), Tuna Time, Doling out Cookies, feeding the birds and squirrels (outside), collecting the newspaper and mail, and keeping the house relatively clean and liveable.

Right now I'm enjoying the solitude. By the end of the two weeks, though, I'll be missing Mom and Dad. This house is too big for one person--even with three cats.

In other news...Saturday is my last day at Mervyn's!! I had changed my availability in the hopes that I could get about 15 hours a week on weekday afternoons and the occasional Saturday, but it turned out I was working only Saturdays and Sundays. Between teaching and retailing, I was not actually getting a weekend, and this pissed me off. So I turned in my notice and I will supplement my income by substitute teaching as much as possible. Including a full-day gig tomorrow. The guy I'm subbing for has his prep time during 4th period--my choir lesson. So I'll be teaching non-stop 6th grade tomorrow. Pray for me.

It's okay, though. They were on a field trip today, so I went to school and cleaned my office for a couple hours, then came home.

Other than that, there's not much going on. I'm going out tomorrow night to flirt with Navy boys and have some fun. Still don't know what I'm going to wear. Maybe I should do some of this laundry tonight...

Then again, maybe I'll shower, tuck up with a good movie, and rest. The calm before the storm, so to speak. : )

No comments: