Friday, February 10, 2006

Beautiful Day

It's a beautiful day
The sun is shining
I feel good
And no-one's gonna stop me now, oh yeah
From Queen's "It's a Beautiful Day"

It is absolutely gorgeous out there! We have had a few straight days of sunshine and blue skies. Fantastic.

Today I took my trusty Vivitar on the road with me, stopping to take some pics on my way to work, and making a trip over to picturesque Port Townsend after work.

Thought I'd share 'em.

First, I stopped at the village of Port Ludlow for some candy bars (I do a Friday drawing for well-behaved students in my class). So this is the village of Port Ludlow...consisting of a few tiny shops, a tiny post office, a Chevron and a mini-mart. That's Rosie the Protege in the lower right:

The next few pics are of Chimacum, and the school I work for:



Finally, lots and lots of waterfront pics of Port Townsend...


Huge tree trunk driftwood:

The Port Townsend-Keystone Ferry:


Mucho driftwood and a lovely seagull:

Ahh, sunshine!!

I drove up to Fort Worden (filming site for "An Officer and a Gentleman") and on the way, I had to stop for three does. Here's one:

Now, some pics of and from Fort Worden:

Can't you just see Richard Gere? Gah, he was hot in that movie!

Anchors Aweigh!


Then I look at you
And the world is all right with me
Just one look at you
And I know it's gonna be
A lovely day…
…lovely day, lovely day, lovely day…


From "Lovely Day" by Luther Vandross, feat. Busta Rhymes

No comments: