Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Kids

Well, here I am...it's nearing 9:00 at night and I've made it through the middle school music concert.

I had 30 out of 45 kids there, which, apparently, is an improvement on previous years. They were nervous, and so was I, but we did okay. I saw FOUR separate girls talking during our actual performance. I mean, standing on the risers, everyone singing, and they're talking. I will be having a little chat with these girls tomorrow. One, in particular, who stood there with her arms crossed the whole time.

All in all, I'm told that they sounded great, and everyone, from the superintendent to the principal to the band director, thought we did great.

In other kid news...

I'm an auntie!! Yes folks, you read that right. My bro and his wife have become foster parents to three beautiful siblings. Maria is almost 4, Katie is almost 2, and Brian is 3 months. They're bringing them at Christmas, so we get to do the Santa bit and spoil these children.

So that's the news...I'd write more but I'm so tired from this cold I've been battling and the stress of the concert (I was nervous).

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: