Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sunday Morning

Ramblings coming out of the Pacific Northwest...

This just may be the sexiest voice I've ever heard...

He's sexy, he's fabulous in the movies, and he can keep an entire theatre audience on the edge of their seats for long periods of time. One little tilt of his head or quirk of the brow and the sold-out audience at the Old Vic is laughing hysterically.

Yes, I'm talking about Kevin Spacey. The man who brought us Verbal Kint (The Usual Suspects), Lester Burnham (American Beauty), Michael Lynch (Ordinary Decent Criminal--my favorite of his roles) and many, many, more wonderful roles, is now gracing our tellies with his smooth-as-chocolate voice in Honda commercials.

Work, Work, Work

With the holidays coming, business is booming in retail. Every year I read the headlines about the season being the best or worst in consumer interest in a long time. Blah, blah, blah. Anyone working retail knows that even when consumer confidence is at a low, the stores are still over-crowded, hot, and BUSY. I had a five-hour shift yesterday and I was pretty much chained to the register the whole time.

I have a blessed day off (Hurrah!) and then I have three nights in a row this week (Mon, Tue, Wed) before getting a couple of days to relax--and to see the premiere of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

The great thing about working is, obviously, the paycheck. I bought the most adorable pair of shoes yesterday, along with a couple of tops, some new panties (ooh la la!), and a pretty Christmas candle holder for Mom.

Home Alone

That'll be me this week. Mom and Dad are going, going, back, back to Cali, Cali. They leave Wednesday and will return on Sunday. Which means I'll be all alone in a big house, surrounded by lions and tigers and bears and peeping racoons.

I know I'll be just fine, but it is a little disconcerting knowing that you're all alone in a big house, possibly with someone watching. Even if that "someone" is a small furry creature, it makes me nervous! Fortunately, we have nice neighbors who are on hand if I need to reprimand Rocky for spying on me.

Even better, my room is upstairs, and my bathroom has no window, so no one, human or not, can see me getting dressed or showering.

Kindergato Update

I haven't talked about them in a while. They're still adorable, still busy, and they think they own the place. In other words, they've settled right in and made themselves at home. We adore them.

Both recovered quickly from their operations. Duchess is finally getting her tummy fuzz back. I get her on my bed most nights. I feel two soft little thumps as she jumps onto my bed, then I hear her purring from about 3 feet away as she approaches for her rightful due: ear scratches and adoration. She's a doll.

Bella is a bit more reserved but I often wake up to find two teeny tortoiseshells curled up by my feet. Last Friday, I had Millie on my chest, and the kindergatos on my lap. It's a good thing I didn't need to pee.

Oh, Good Grief

Disclaimer: I am not prejudiced againts people who practice Islam. Most of them are peaceful, law-abiding people who find murder and mayhem just as reprehensible as I do. I just have a huge problem with people who practice the extremist version of Islam. They have murdered thousands of Americans and they even struck my beloved London, so I don't feel I have to say nice things about them.

Now they're saying that Elizabeth II is one of the "severest enemies" of Islam.

The culture of hate these guys promote is getting ridiculous. The Queen is a figurehead. She doesn't run England any more than I run the United States.

Someone please find these guys a new hobby.

Enough About Them...

Harry Potter opens in FIVE days!!! I found this quote from an article about Harry Potter and Puberty:

"It seems like we work on these movies for years," she says. "You'd think that we'd start to get bored or that the shine would wear off. But a few weeks ago, I saw the trailer for this movie on TV. I was literally filled with excitement all over again about the fact that I'm a part of it." Emma Watson (Hermione)


High School Kid by Day, Mr. Mayor by Night

I love Google News. You can find all kinds of great stuff. Amid all of the articles about the Queen of England being an enemy of Al Qaeda and all the latest politcal brouhaha, you often find these wonderful little snippets of news that make you smile.

But if the new mayor of Hillsdale, Michigan starts letting his grades slip, I think they oughta have a recall.

Gotta Dash

I have big plans for the rest of my Sunday. I'll start with a hot shower, followed by lunch and NASCAR. My attire for the day will be some new jammies, warm socks, and a fleece blanket on my lap. I might accesorize with Millie or a kindergato. I plan on working on the new book of Cryptic Crosswords I bought a few days ago. This evening I'll work on lesson plans.

May your Sunday be as restful as mine.

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: