Friday, October 21, 2005

Ten Hours???

Okay, so, granted, I'm not thrilled to be working in retail again (however temporary it may be), but I was expecting to get more than TEN hours in my first week after training. I have to work 5 hours on Sunday and 5 on Thursday night.

The bright side of this is that I still get plenty of time for school stuff--grading, planning, cleaning up, being a therapist, etc. The big bright side is that I don't have any crack-of-dawn shifts to worry about. Because driving across the Hood Canal Bridge (third longest floating bridge in the world) is easy enough--when it's not half-closed for nighttime construction, or levering open in the middle to let marine traffic through. I'd have to leave at 4:00 in the morning to make it to a 5:00 am shift at the store.

Incidentally, Hood Canal is not actually a canal, as my dad likes to point out. It's a fjord. And the reason it has a floating bridge? It's about a mile-and-a-half wide and it's average depth is 500 feet.

It's quite impressive, actually.

Too Scary for the Kids...

Turns out the next Harry Potter movie is a wee bit too scary for the younger among us. Parents, be warned. Children might get a bit nervous. Having read the book, I can completely understand.

SPOILER ALERT

I don't want to see Voldemort come back to life myself, particularly. I'll probably have a few scaredy-cat moments of my own. Though Ralph Fiennes is sure to be marvelous in the role.

END SPOILER

Friday Funnies





Who needs Brad Pitt?

And now, Law and Order S.V.U. is on, so I'm off to watch and start my weekend.

Cheers,

Meg