Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Road Trip!!

I took an impromptu road trip to Olympia today (capitol of Washington). It's about 2 hours from here. I wish I could say that I took this trip because I was feeling young and fancy free and that I did some shopping, exploring and discovering, but that is not why I went.

I had to visit the State Patrol to be fingerprinted. Again.

Four or so weeks ago I went to the Poulsbo Police station to get fingerprints done and have them sent off for processing. I have to do this to get my WA teaching certificate. Turns out they were "rejected" yesterday. Somehow unreadable. I had two choices:

1. Go back to Poulsbo (30 minute drive), get fingerprinted again, have a chance that they'd be rejected again by the State Patrol.

2. Drive to Olympia (2 hour drive), get fingerprinted by the State Patrol, know for certain that they will NOT be rejected.

My class was early today because it was a minimum day, so 10:30 found me calling Mom and Dad asking, "Which one of you wants to keep me company and hold the map while I drive to Olympia?" They were both willing to go, and Dad ended up driving. I don't mind--I got to relax, and I got Chinese food out of it.

Do yourselves a big favor, my friends. Don't become public school teachers. The paperwork is a bitch.

No comments: