Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Phone Just Rang...

It was TeachLondon.

Yeah, you read that right. I have renewed communications with TeachLondon. Please note--this is NOT confirmation of intentions to return to England next year. It is simply a matter of keeping my options open.

I won't lie--some days, I miss England so much I think about hopping on the next available plane and going back. And then there are days when I really see the possibilities that lie in this part of the world. I suppose it all rests on how I feel in 6 months, a year, and beyond.

I have often joked that if there is such thing as reincarnation, then my past 5 or 6 lives (at least!) I was English, and then suddenly, in this life, I was plopped down in the U.S. Either that, or I'm just 100% Anglo-phile. Maybe all that tea just finally went to my head.

Before you all start worrying that a future adventure in England would mean more anguished emails and blog posts about indecision and hating my job, let me just state here and now that I would definitely research any school thoroughly before taking a job there! Any hint of the words "special measures" and I'd run quickly in the other direction.

I could really dig being in England again. Maybe its the Jaffa Cakes Donna sent me (which I've just eaten, finally), or maybe its the fact that my trousers are a teensy bit tight because I never walk anymore (back to the gym for me!)...whatever it is, I really could see myself going back, marrying some English bloke, and raising a kid or two who call me "Mummy."

Is Robbie Williams still single?

No comments: