Thursday, July 21, 2005

It's Like Winning £1000...

I just found out yesterday from one of my colleagues that I will get a paycheque (in America I get paychecks, here, I get paycheques) at the end of August. I had assumed that July 26 would be my last payday for this job, so I was, obviously, quite excited by this news.

Only thing is, I have to keep my Barclay's account open in order for the county to quickly process the check and get it to me. Otherwise they'd freak out at having to pay someone in America and it would take a long time for the money to actually get in the right hands. That's not too bad, though--I can keep my account open by keeping £1 in it and I have an account if I decide to come back to England. Best of all possible worlds!

Not much other news from this end. I'm just sadly counting down to leaving time. Two weeks from tomorrow.

Let me clarify something. I'm not un-excited about coming home, I'm just really sad to be leaving. I will no doubt enjoy being near my family and my Millie again. Washington is beautiful, and Mom and Dad's house is gorgeous. I showed a couple of pictures of it to a friend yesterday and he told me I'm not allowed to "whinge" about living there!

Right, well. A year 8 just brought me a home-made "Good Luck" card.

"To Mrs Cooper

I hope you have a good time without us

I'l [one L] miss you

Love from Rebecca M

Thanks for being a great teacher"


Very sweet. Not all of the kids here are so bad. I'm just happy to see that I've made my mark.

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: