Thursday, July 28, 2005

De-Coopering the Music Room

I'm not feeling all that wobbly, but I have to say, it is a bit sad to take my papers and pictures down in my classroom. I've de-Millie'd my message board next to the desk, I've taken the hundreds of Disney stickers I used as rewards out of my desk. I've taken down the Snoopy by Everhart calendar and my "I am a Teacher" inspirational quote.

In other words, I'm taking a large part of the mark I left on this place down and shipping it back to the United States, or putting some of it (does anyone really need a print-out of my teaching timetable??) in the bin.

It's nice to know that a larger part of my mark will be left behind--for example, the organization, the tidiness. The walls of the back of the room, which I went to a lot of work on to make look good.

What really, really concerns me, though, is where I'm going to pack all of this crap!! Some of it will be shipped home, like my gigantic map of the world made entirely of music. I bought it in Seattle--it's fantastic. It is actually a playable piece of music, but when you look at it, you can see the shapes of the continents. Very clever.

Anyway, it's quite a job, and I have other things to do!

For example, I'm supposed to have lunch with some of the Sixth Form team today, and tonight I'm going to see the ballet at Sadler's Wells (in London) with another colleague.

And I still have to finish those year 12 letters, so I'll sign this off and get to work!!

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: