Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A Weekend at Lizzie's and Exams

Oh, Lizzie, thanks for having me!

Imagine having this for a weekend home...



Yeah, I'd hate to be anywhere else, either!

Went to Windsor Castle on Saturday and had a lovely time looking around. It is the largest continuously-occupied castle in the world, and lovingly cared for. It houses Queen Mary's Doll House (with electric lighting and flushing toilets), priceless art and antiques, and St. George's Chapel.

St. George's, of course, is where Charles and Camilla recently had their marriage blessed. It is also where many monarchs have been buried, including Elizabeth II's parents. I think Henry VIII is buried there, too, but I didn't see his tomb.

I had a lovely day in Windsor. I took about 2 hours for the castle itself, then spent a few more hours wandering the town, poking into shops, and having tea at the Crooked House.

I'll just insert here to Daddy:

The tea sandwhiches has salmon pate in them. I actually tried it. I didn't like it.

For everyone else:

The menu said assorted tea sandwiches, and they all came out with cucumber and salmon pate. I don't like fishy stuff. It smells nasty and no, I never tried it (until Saturday) because the smell put me off.

In France a few weeks ago, we had some salmon pate served to us on one of our tours. Dad said it would be rude if I didn't at least try it, so some of my pate ended up on his plate.

On Saturday, I thought the sandwiches might be salmon, but I was not sure, so I tried it. Sure enough, yeeuch!! Salmon. Nasty. Tastes like it smells and that is a bad, bad thing.

Other than this alarming experience with seafood, the day was great. A bit crazy, weatherwise (pouring, sunny, pouring, sunny, pouring...) but lovely nonetheless. The one thing I understand about England is to always have an umbrella and sunglasses whereever I go. And layered clothing.

Finished!!

I am finished with year 11 GCSE Music! Coursework is turned in, the exam is done, and I am pleased. My kids worked their butts off.

Of course, imagine my shock when the exams lady, Linda, told me on Friday that she had had a message from Edexcel (the exam board) on Friday that we had received our extension--a week after I stressed and cried and nearly had a panic attack and had a rude comment from one of my bosses.

Oh well, water under the bridge.

With that, I'll sign off. I have things to accomplish today and for once I'm feeling motivated. Best not waste it.

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: