Friday, May 06, 2005

Blondie Gets Her Nerve Up (and Goes to London)

I am blonde again!

After nearly 6 months of going without so much as a trim, I finally had my hair done last night. There's a gal who works in the canteen, Donna, who does hair. She went to beauty college and everything. She gave my highlights a major boost and trimmed the straw off the bottom of my hair. I feel 10 pounds lighter, and my mood is brightened considerably. Just sitting there having a chat and getting my hair fussed over made a long day fade away in my mind.

Which I needed, after 5th period, in which six year 7 terrors covered a good deal of my classroom floor with spit wads. Nice.

Anyway, here's the requisite picture:


Why does Blondie need to get her nerve up?

Well, she needs to turn in her notice.

I've written the letter. I need to print it out, which I will probably do at lunchtime. Then I'll either put it in the Head's tray, or wait 'till Monday. I know I'm going to do it, and I'm coming to terms with it pretty well, so far, but getting that little push to actually physically put the letter in the tray is difficult. It seems so final.

How is Blondie feeling?

She's okay, actually.

I get a little emotional if I think too much, so the challenge has been emptying my head and/or thinking about good things, like cuddling Millie, scrapbooking with Mom, working at a school where I feel happy about things. When I imagine the future beyond July, I feel pretty good (if a bit uncertain). When I think about the time leading up to that, I feel mixed. When I think about the "see ya's" (I hate "goodbye") and actually boarding the Seattle-bound 747, I want to cry. So I don't think about them. Well, I try not to.

Why's Blondie going to London?

She has a date with Kevin Spacey. Again.

Yep, his second play, The Philadelphia Story, opened this week. I will be there tonight, with bells on. I'm spending the night in a hotel (no hostels for me!!) and doing a teensy bit of shopping tomorrow before heading back to Burnham.

I'm all packed and ready--I'm going to the station straight from school.

Besides Kevin Spacey, what's keeping Blondie going?

Friends. Family. Friends.

I get by with a little help from my friends. Friends in California, family in Washington, friends in England. Friends like Melissa:

Alright, well, what can I say? I cried a few tears for you this morning. I know how tough this decision was for you to make. But, I also know you've made the decision that is right for you.

And Heather:

Hang in there kiddo. You've made the right decision. And your dad's
right, you can always change your mind. Your friends will be there for
you, no matter what you do or where you go.


Family:

We'll support whatever your choice is. This will always be your home.

Love,

DAD



And my English friends like Kathy and Derek, and Louisa, who are sad to see me go but happy that I've made my decision and have a huge weight off.


Is Blondie finished with this blog update?

You bet. She's off to London Town in less than an hour.

Cheers,

Meg (Blondie)

No comments: