Friday, March 18, 2005

Greetings from the Hostel...

Oh. My. God.

Can I just start by wiping the drool off and then saying that Kevin Spacey is amazing???

Right. I loved the play. It was very well done and Kevin was excellent. Funny, dramatic, wrenching. At the end, he has a near nervous breakdown and acted it so superbly I was stock-still in my seat. Everyone was.

Of course, we all know that Kevin Spacey is a brilliant actor. I mean, come on, both of those Oscars were well-deserved.

At the end, a few people stood (including yours truly) and clapped and cheered. He looked exhausted, but seemed grateful. The other cast members were Mary Stuart Masterson (Fried Green Tomatoes) and Sam Weber. They were great, too, but really, who's gonna look away from Kevin-Gorgeous-Spacey???

Here's the best bit, though:

I. Got. Kevin's. Autograph.

Watch me swoon.

I had a drink at the Pit Bar but quickly got bored waiting to see if he'd come down. And I kinda figured he wouldn't because he truly looked exhausted when taking his bows.

So I left and took a look down the side street towards the stage door. And there was a crowd, and a hat, that, according to my friends at the Kevin Spacey Board, Kevin has been wearing lately. In fact:

There's a pic of him in it, bad facial hair and all (which he's wearing for the play).

And I nosed my way in, and I acted like a total stupid fan. I took a picture (from a distance, not right up in his face) and then got near enough to hand him a pen and my program. He signed it and I said, "Brilliant performance..." He said, "Thanks," and then I added, "And I loved 'Beyond the Sea.'" He smiled and thanked me again. And then I walked away.

And giggled all the way back to the tube station.

And that's all I can type right now. I have to go stare at Kevin Spacey's autograph on my program like a total idiot.

Sweet dreams!

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: