Friday, February 04, 2005

Happy Slapping, a New Computer, and the Most Unproductive Week Ever...

Okay, my first complaint:

I just got online and I have 0 new messages. Come on, people!! Mom and Dad are moving into the house, but come on, surely ya'll are stopping for coffee now and again?

Alrighty, no more whining.

What a week...the most unproductive week I've ever had. I'm serious! I haven't gotten a lot done. I spent much of my free periods on Monday and Tuesday replying to emails (because I love emailing my beloved friends and family) and I get very little back! Even as I slaved and laboured over the computer well into Wednesday and Thursday evenings...

*ahem* I did say I'd stop whining.

Well, here I am. It is finally Friday. And I made it through Friday Five without a scrape. Yay! It started off pretty badly, so Mandy (teacher's aide) went to the office to find a Senior Member of Staff to help. David Cossey (deputy head), who normally helps me, had another emergency to deal with. No one else around.

A few minutes later, who walks into my room but David Stephenson, the Head Teacher, the Big Kahuna, himself. He's never been in my room when there were kids in it. I was pretty surprised--but not half so surprised as the kidlets were when I barked, "Don't you know you're supposed to stand when the Head Teacher comes into the room?"

What a great moment. I'm going to dine out on it for months.

One of the big issues was the seating plan. The kids don't like it and figure that means they can sit wherever the hell they please. David got that right out of their heads. Oh, it was so fantastic. Even little bratty J was up and creeping back to his proper spot. Two minutes before he'd been telling me that he was not going to move.

Oh, and G, the masturbating wunderkind, was not in today. Hallelujah.

Okay, after my previous update, I had an inquiry from one faithful reader...

What the hell is Happy Slapping?

Happy Slapping = Hitting, pushing, shoving etc. as a "joke" with your mates.

We recently had an assembly about it--it is considered assault and therefore is not to be tolerated. I had a couple of boys doing it before class on Wednesday. As soon as they realized I interpreted their actions as Happy Slapping (and therefore assault), they sobered up right quick.

I'll be up to my elbows in referral forms this weekend for Happy Slapping, truancy, and other problems. Lucky me.

But--I'm in good spirits this weekend. No crying (like a week ago).

I have a computer!!! At last, my computers have arrived. Mine has been set up on my desk and connected to the projector. The 6 others for my GCSE kids to use will be put in as soon as I clear out some mess in the back of my room. I am so excited.

And that is it. I am tired, hungry, and ready to be out of the skirt and tights I wore today. So off to home I go.

And I'd better have a gazillion new messages on Monday--and a weekend's worth of comics and horoscopes don't count!!!

Not that I'm whining... : P

Cheers!

Meg

No comments: