Friday, October 29, 2004

Stress, London, and Lie-ins.

Okay, last week was pretty bad. My posts on Tuesday and Wednesday were indicative of one hell of a low mood.

But it is past. Finally. It took a few days but I managed to move onwards and upwards. A nice chat with my mom on Friday night (and a good cry) really helped.

London: My goodness, that town has an effect on me. I adore London (as you all well know) and it never fails to make me feel good again. Last Saturday, I took the train in early in the morning and then took a flight on the London Eye. Fantastic!! The views are incredible. You can see so much of London. It moves very slowly, and you almost feel you're not moving at all. It takes about a half hour to get all the way around. I really enjoyed it and will have to do it again sometime.

After the Eye, I went to the Imperial War Museum and spent a good few hours in the D-Day Exhibit and in the Holocaust Exhibit. Both are incredibly moving and very well done.

After that I made sure to find myself a copy of a new album--Robbie Williams' Greatest Hits. Gotta support my Robbie.

Since Saturday, I've had a few lazy days of lie-ins and reading. Tuesday I took the bus to Chelmsford, about 20 miles away, and did some shopping. I needed sweaters for work, and I did a little bit of Christmas shopping.

So yes, I am much better. And truly lazy this week, if my lack of emailing and blog updating is any indication.

I think tomorrow I will go back to London and have a look around Camden Town market. A very famous market with lots of good stuff.

In the good news category: Summer is a'comin' in! Yep, my friend Summer is arriving on Thanksgiving Day in lovely England to spend a few days with me before going to Spain (her big long-time dream). When she's back from Spain she'll spend a few days in London before heading back to the States. I'm very excited, it will be marvelous to see her and show her my beloved London.

In other news...I finally have a bank account! Complete with my very own Barclay's Bank Debit Card. Let the spend--*ahem* SAVING begin!

All for today...I'll be back at work on Monday and will hopefully have more to post about.

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: