Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Pumpkin Poop

Here I sit, eating pumpkin poop.

Mom sent a little Halloween package, containing two pairs of Halloween-themed Snoopy socks (yay!!) and a plastic bag of Whoppers, also known as Pumpkin Poop.

I am having a rough day. It's not that anything horrible has happened. I'm just down. I'm getting a little bit of a cold...and I'm feeling like I'm not effective in the classroom.

Of course, I am effective. Our school just has a lot of kids that don't want to learn. There is a culture in this country that being unsuccessful is "cool." We seem to have a few too many of those at St. Peter's. Most of the time, I get around it but today I don't really want to.

Tonight after dinner I went for a nice brisk walk. It made me feel a little better, as exercise always does. And it was really cool, as I was walking, I heard the bells of St. Mary's Church going. I hadn't heard them before. It was calming.

Well, it's almost bedtime. And I've had my fill of Pumpkin Poop. Thanks for that, Mom. It's doing its job. : )

I will get better...I just need to get through today's feelings and remember that tomorrow is a new day.

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: