Monday, July 28, 2014

Ten

Known, also, by its Roman numeral, X, 10 is the lowest double-digit number. Its divisors are 1, 2, and 5. It is the atomic number of neon, is used somewhat heavily in the Christian Bible (Ten Commandments, ten plagues, etc. etc.) and the Hindu Lord Maha Vishnu appeared in 10 different incarnations.

There is a 10-cent dime here in the U.S. (it features the profile of Franklin Delano Roosevelt) and a ten dollar bill, with Founding Father and first Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton. 

There are ten lords a'leaping in the Twelve Days of Christmas. The most famous Number 10 household in the world would be 10 Downing Street in London. 

Ten is one of those numbers that has quite an impressive Wikipedia entry, and it is also the number of years one unassuming Little Pink Blog has been in existence, as of today. 

Happy Birthday to The Wild and Absolutely True Adventures of Meg! I can't believe I've carried it on this long. It's a labor of love, and I'm very proud of my little corner of the World Wide Weird.

To celebrate, I have a few posts up my sleeve today, commemorating 10 years of adventures (always, always, Wild and Absolutely True). It's been a hell of a ride. Here's to ten more.

And for those of you who give my blog a look now and again, thank you. 

No comments: