Monday, April 07, 2014

Naked

I went to work naked today.

Oh, of course not literally. Halfway to the gym, I had a sudden flash of realization: my phone was, at that time, tethered to its charger back at home on my desk, and I had no time to spare for turning around to retrieve it. "Besides," I thought, "I don't really need it, right?

It's true--I don't really need it, but I do like having it around. Visions of really needing it in some sort of emergency flew through my head.

Fortunately, I did not find myself needing my cell phone for any emergencies today; though I was slightly annoyed to not have my timer app for Tabata intervals at the gym, or my metronome for breathing exercises in choir. It's totally a sign of this week--my mind is all over the place, getting ready for my upcoming choir tour (we leave Thursday) and trying to make sure I've got all my ducks in a row. According to the ladies in the main office, I'm super-organized. According to myself, I have no idea what I'm doing.

So, obviously, I survived my morning without my phone, and all's well that ends well, etc. etc. Still, you'd better believe I'm leaving a Post-It on my bathroom mirror for Thursday morning.

No comments: