Saturday, January 18, 2014

Laptop

So, I'm a couple weeks into having my laptop, and I can't believe how quickly I've taken to it.

I have a Dell Inspiron with a 17" screen (love!) and it's so much faster than my 7-year-old desktop...which goes without saying. I'm very happy with the various features, and I've even gotten used to the flat keyboard...my biggest reason for holding out on a laptop for so long was the whole "flat keyboard' thing. Actually, I type just as fast on it as I did the old one, with the same amount of mistakes and back spaces. ; )

I bought a case on Amazon, but of course it was the wrong size, so I'm sending it back and finding a new one. 'Til then, I won't take the laptop out. I mostly just use it on my desk, but it's nice to be able to take it in the living room and watch the 49ers with Mom, and still keep up with Twitter much faster than is possible on an iPhone.

I laugh at myself because I was convinced I'd need at least a month to complete the switch from desktop to laptop. I figured I'd have to slowly move files over, slowly get used to using the laptop. Nope. I did it all in a weekend. Before I knew it, I wasn't even booting up the desktop for days on end, so last weekend I moved it out of my room, eliminating a TON of cords and mess.

So Meg the Technophobe is moving up in the world. I have an iPhone (it's so smart!), a Kindle Fire, a laptop. Next thing you know, I'll get a car with a fancy radio system. But that's for later, because for now, RoPro and I are doing just fine.


No comments: