Monday, November 04, 2013

Days of Thankfulness, Day 4

Sometimes I grumble a little when it comes time to drive all the way to Sacramento for choir rehearsal. It's Monday, it's getting dark out, and a busy first-day-of-the-work-week has me feeling tired and staring down a To Do List and I can't possibly have the time to go spend a few hours singing and besides, I'll be home late and I have to be up early tomorrow and--

I always go. And I never regret going. Sac Choral (and Stockton Chorale before it) is such an important part of my life. It's a musical outlet that is just for me--while I learn a lot from Don, I'm not there to improve my teaching, for professional development, or anything related to being a teacher. I am there to sing, to build relationships with others who love to sing, and for the joy that making music brings. Choir rehearsals fly by, filled with laughter and hard work. By the time I get home, my brain is buzzing with excitement.

Tonight will be no different--I'll grumble a little at leaving our warm, comfortable house and facing all that traffic getting into Sacramento. But then I'll spend the evening doing something I love, and it will all be worth it.

Today, I'm thankful to be a Choir Nerd.




No comments: