Sunday, August 05, 2012

Ab Fab Gabby

One reason I haven't been blogging a lot in the last several days (aside from being busy wrapping things up with ESL Arts) is that I've been up too late most nights watching the Olympics coverage on NBC. Even though a few stupid people spoiled it for me on Facebook and Twitter, I had to stay up to watch the US Women's gymnastics team win gold, and a few days later, I had to watch Gabby Douglas win the all-around gold.

These girls are incredible. The strength and grace, not to mention the maturity (they're all teenagers!) is beautiful. But there is something really special about Gabby Douglas, and I've thoroughly enjoyed watching her compete and learning her story.

So congrats to Gabby Douglas. I'll let the pictures (all belonging to Reuters) speak for themselves. Power, grace, and huge focus. She earned that gold. Go USA!!!







No comments: