Sunday, August 05, 2012

And They're Off...

So I've ended my three-week stint with ESL Arts Advantage, the exchange program for which I taught sixty Chinese teenagers music. It was a fantastic experience and I'll never forget it...and the great news is that they want me to stay on for future programs and other opportunities at the brand-new Fusion International Arts Center here in Sacramento--perhaps running a weekly choir and some weekly music classes for home school students.

But before we could discuss any of that, we had to rehearse and finish things off with our current group. Thursday was a long day, ending with a great performance by our kids, and lots of happy smiles and sad tears as we said our goodbyes. I took some pictures throughout the day, and compiled them in a short video.


I am very proud of these kids; they started camp shy and uncomfortable performing and ended with a great performance full of confidence. They were having fun on stage. I hope the friendships and memories they made will stay with them forever. I know I won't forget them any time soon.

1 comment:

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

Congratulations on a wonderful class experience. I'm glad they want you back!