Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Trip To Sutter Creek

Last weekend, Mom wanted to go to a quilt show she'd heard about in Sutter Creek, so Dad and I went with her. Sutter Creek has a fantastic historic main street, and I love taking pictures of old Gold Rush (and beyond) buildings.

I avoided it. I didn't want to avoid it, but I did.














After Sutter Creek, we drove through Amador City and stopped to look in a couple of Mom's favorite shops. I did a quick wander for some pictures.






No idea what this is.

Great old car, left to rust and rot.


Got whirlygigs?

Making this shot even better--the old truck driving
into view.


I don't know what statement they're trying to make.
But I think I like it.


I love California's Gold Country--there are so many great little towns with interesting shops. Some of them are really suffering in the economy, which is a shame, but hopefully better times are coming.

No comments: