Friday, September 09, 2011

It's A Sign: Oakland

With Summer living there, and Keane always playing the Fox Theater when they come to California, I seem to end up spending a lot of time in Oakland. I actually quite like it--it has pockets of great character and gorgeous views.

And it has great signs. : )

This picture was taken on May 8, 2009, a few hours before
I fell deeply in love with a band called Keane. ; )

Not a sign, just ladies room graffiti.

This is across the street from the Fox Theater. We were
in the queue for the gig so I did an extreme zoom.


I love these old signs.


Yes, this was taken from the parking lot before Summer and I went in to have
ice cream!








My favorite place in Oakland--this was the first time I saw
Keane. I had no idea what I was in for.


The Pink Store. Good name.

No comments: