Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Charged

A couple of weeks ago, I went to Mom and Dad's for an extended weekend. When I got back to Stockton, I noticed that my cell phone charger was missing. Ooops. Left it in Lincoln.

I figured I'd buy a new one and just have a spare, but so far, Best Buy and Target have been out of the charger that works with my phone. I am not in the mood to go on wild goose chases for a stupid cell phone charger--if it's not in the store I happen to be in or near when I think about it, I'm not going to make a special trip at some other time.

Anyway, this is why I spent an hour-and-a-half driving around Stockton and surrounding areas tonight with my phone plugged into the car charger, taking sign pictures and chasing rainbows (literally--we had some brief sunshine after the afternoon storms).

I got on Eight Mile Road and drove west--I've never gone out of Stockton this way and was curious to see what was beyond the Target shopping center and housing development. I figured it would be water, and I was right--you see, just west of Stockton, you enter the Delta.



I was out there on that road for about half an hour, and I saw two other cars, both travelling the opposite direction. I was able to literally stop in the middle of the road and take some great shots. Well, mostly. There's bits of Rosie Pro in them, as I didn't want to stop on the road too long.



Farmland--did you know that California feeds the world?

Chasing rainbows...

Later, as it started getting darker, I found myself north of Stockton, admiring a lovely, cloudy sunset. It was getting cold, so I didn't roll my window down for these two.



I've said it before and I'll say it again: California is an absolute mess, financially...but damn, is it a beautiful mess.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These photos are beautiful. You're right about California. Great sunsets.

RvNGrammy said...

California in the Spring. Lovely! Try Radio Shack for the charger?

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, gorgeous shots, Meg!!!!