Saturday, September 11, 2010

Then and Now: The Peanuts Gang

Watch out world, The Peanuts Gang are on the adoption market!

I saw three of my four little sweeties today, for the first time since July 17th, when Debbie and her daughter came to take them. On that day, they had a single calico kitten near in age and size to my Peanuts kids, so she was christened Sally and added to the group.

Sally and the boys went to PetCo today--Lucy is spoken for already by a friend of Debbie's--and I was there, with bells on, to see my little friends.

They've grown so much! They are still small, but they look much more like cats, and much less like kittens.

When I walked in, my eyes immediately found two grays, one tuxie, and one calico in a cage. They don't remember me, of course, but they let me coo and pet them, and I even had a chance to hold Charlie Brown and Linus. Snoopy was bunched up in the back of the cage, obviously nervous about this new situation, and he never was much for being held, anyway.

Without further ado, I present the Before and After pictures.

Linus, July:

Linus, today:

Snoopy, July:

Snoopy, today (behind Sally):

Charlie Brown, July:

Charlie Brown, today:

I stayed for over two hours, chatting with my fellow volunteers and going back, over and over, to coo over my sweeties. They'll be put in the permanent cages tonight and they will stay at PetCo until they are either adopted or they've been there two or three weeks. I hope they're all adopted as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy some serious cuddling tomorrow, when I clean cages. : )

No comments: