Thursday, September 09, 2010

California Dreamin': Midtown Sacramento

In the midst of all the stomach cramps and associated whining, I never got around to blogging these pictures. I'm rather proud of some of them, though, so here they are.

On Saturday, I met up with my friend Summer and two other former Chico Choir Nerds, Andrew and Dug, and Dug's wife, Puck. We had brunch at Cafe Bernardo in Midtown Sacramento. Aside from occasional cramping, I didn't feel to bad, and a lovely time was had by all.

However, being a dork, I got there an hour early. You'd think a teacher would be better at following directions and reading her emails. Having an extra hour to wait, I wandered around midtown with my ever-present camera, after finding free parking a few streets over from the restaurant.

Across the street from where I parked, there was a small market with some cool graffiti art.


Some random shots around the City of Trees...


I came across Sutter's Fort. I went on a field trip here in 4th grade.


Right across the street from the main entrance, and just barely visible from Cafe Bernardo is a church called Pioneer Congregational. This is where my parents were married, on February 10, 1968. : )


Just down the street from the cafe is this very cool mural.


After brunch, as I walked back to my car, I saw this awesome place, with a unit for rent. I could almost justify the expense of moving to live in a building that has sea turtles painted on it.

No comments: