Sunday, September 12, 2010

More Peanuts Pics

Today I went back to PetCo for my normal Sunday morning cage-cleaning duties. I normally spend between an hour and an hour-and-a-half, depending on how messy the cats have been and how much cuddling I do. Today, I spent two-and-a-half hours. I cuddled at the beginning, then I cleaned, then I cuddled some more.

Sally doesn't really know me, so she was pretty stand-offish. But Linus, her Sweet Babboo and cage-mate, was the same little sweetie he was when he stayed here in July. He purred, he cuddled, he started "making biscuits" with his paws. I was loving every minute of it.

"Oh, we're just having a cuddle. But you want to love me up? Okay!"
"I think I remember this red flashy-box thing."


After giving Linus some love (and Sally, much as she'd let me), I went to Snoopy and Charlie Brown's cage. They're in the one that I can kind of sit in, so I spent some time camped out there, cuddling. Snoopy, at first, was quite shy and nervous, but after a few minutes, he let me touch him, then pick him up and hold him on my lap (even at five weeks, Snoopy did not want to be held much) and finally, finally, I had him purring, making biscuits, and wool-sucking on his little donut bed.

Charlie Brown was as sweet and friendly as ever--it didn't take much to make him purr. He was always an affectionate little critter here, and one night I even got him to fall asleep in my arm, lying on his back.

Snoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-py!
"Now I'm back in your arms again..."
Charlie Brown, wool-sucking.
Snoopy, wool-sucking.
Charlie Brown, again.

After a while, I managed to tear myself away...I left the scene above--two sweet gray-and-white kittens, still on the small side, but nowhere near as tiny as they were in July, wool-sucking and rumbling away in their donut beds.

I might go visit tomorrow. And if you're in this area, they're at PetCo. Go meet the Peanuts Gang--you won't regret it!

2 comments:

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Squeeeeeee!!!!! You raised 'em right, honey!!! They are just irresistable!!

Meg said...

I'm seriously in love with them. They are sweet, loving little critters.