Sunday, July 04, 2010

The Peanuts Gang

Just before bedtime last night, I had one last playtime with the babies. I decided on names, and I'm going with my Peanuts-themed idea. (To anyone who comes here from Hubble Space Paws, I'm a huge fan of Peanuts and a collector of Snoopy stuff.)

Of course, the little girl is Lucy:
The little guy with the mustache is Snoopy:
Charlie Brown has the roundest head of all the kittens, and a tiny smudge by his nose:
Then there's the little tuxedoed gentleman. This is Linus:

Everyone made it through the night okay. I woke myself up at 4:00 to check on them. I was planning on feeding them but when I saw the kitten pile in the carrier, with four identical expressions of, "Lady, do you know what time it is?!" I figured that they just wanted to sleep. They had kibble and fresh water handy, so I didn't serve up the wet food at that point. I was pleased to see a teeny, tiny little poo in the litter box.

I got up for the day at 8:00 and immediately went to the bathroom/kitten room to take care of my own business and check up on the babies. Everyone was in the carrier but as I went about my business, they all came out and started wrestling and playing. It's adorable to watch--they're still learning those fine motor skills, so they're a little bit clumsy. Last night Charlie Brown was wrestling with one of his brothers and did a face-first dive into the water bowl. Linus had water in his whiskers from drinking and shook his head so hard he fell over.

They're not quite the graceful felines they'll become just yet!

Millie and Harley know that something is going on, but they are mostly behaving normally. There's been some sniffing at the bathroom door, and Harley seems just a teensy bit more needy, so I've been giving him a lot of love and positive attention. Twice now, he's tried to get in the bathroom when I go in or out, so I'll have to watch him. A two-year-old, thirteen-pound male cat, no matter how sweet he is, is a very big danger to the babies.

I'll sign this post off with pictures of my resident babies for anyone who has come here from Hubble Space Paws. Millennium Joy is a 10-year-old torbie that I've had since college. Harley Dude is a ginger ninja--all boy, and all baby. I rescued him in December 2008 from the same shelter group I'm fostering the Peanuts Gang for.

No comments: