Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday Music: Journey

Sometime in high school, I discovered Journey. For some reason, I just loved "Don't Stop Believin'." I also loved "Lights," and identified with that love of San Francisco--although, according to Wikipedia, it was originally supposed to be about Los Angeles. Heh.

Anyway, on Saturday, I visited the bay area, and left the "city by the bay" for a few hours to visit Sausalito and Tiburon. As I headed back towards San Francisco, I kept hitting the search button on my car stereo. I settled on a station just in time for "Lights" to start playing--just as I approached the Golden Gate Bridge. It was one of those perfect music-life moments that happen from time to time. I smiled, cranked up the volume, and sang along. Driving across the Golden Gate is a near-religious experience for me, anyway. This made it even better.

No comments: