Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Review: New Fashion Figure Templates: Over 250 Templates

New Fashion Figure Templates is awesome!

I bought this book in a last-minute bout of desperation. I wanted my 7th and 8th grade charges to design modern costumes based on characters from The Nutcracker Ballet. However, I knew that most of them would not feel confident drawing bodies, so I turned to my best friend: Google.

Through Google, I found this book, and from there, I jumped on Amazon and ordered it for two-day delivery. This book did not let me down. It is filled with bodies in various poses (always appearing to wear a leotard). I simply photocopied the templates for the 14-to-16-year-old boy and girl and had my kids trace them. From there, they could design a costume around the figure. I got some GREAT stuff back from them!

This book was a lifesaver, and I will definitely keep it around for future use. Maybe soon, I'll post some pictures of the designs my kids made.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

How fun! I've considered doing something kinda similar. Getting a silhouette of myself to draw patterns of clothes I want to make onto. The hope is that I would figure out what looks good on me and what I actually like.

I remember creating clothes on figures at that age. Silly simple stuff, but I had fun with it!