Friday, August 14, 2009

My Week in Pictures

Another week flies by. Here's some pictures I took to document it.

Sunday

I have classy neighbors, no?



That is the garbage area right outside my apartment building.

Monday

Last weekend, I found some cute borders for my classroom bulletin boards at Staples.



I was there to buy a large rolling cart. Now that I'm at two sites, I have a ton of crap I have to haul back and forth. I am NOT going to hurt my back doing it!



Monday was HOT. I turned on my A/C when I got home, but Harley Doodle still needed to air things out.



Tuesday

Tuesday was The Day Before My Birthday. You know, that day where you remind everyone that Tomorrow Is My Birthday.

I arrived home from a sweaty workout to find that the books I ordered from Amazon had arrived...as had a second, unexpected package. It was marked all over with messages like "Happy Birthday!" The lady in the management office (all packages go there, because our mailboxes are too small) laughed and pointed at one end. "It says, 'You're Old!'"

"I am NOT old! I'll be 31."

Anyway, it was from another Shameless Jezebel, Sara, and it was awesome:



Wednesday

Happy Birthday to MEEEEE!!!

I meant to get pictures of the birthday cake I took to work, but I didn't get around to it, and by the end of the day, that puppy was GONE.

I did, however, get a picture of my polar bear. I have a wonderful book called Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?. It has a matching polar bear doll. I like to use the book in Kinder music. We don't read it--we sing it! A great music lesson idea I learned way back when in college.

Anyway, I stuffed both book and bear in my Puppet Friend bag, and thought it was sorta cute how his head stuck out.



I also got a picture of the lonely, overgrown tennis courts that are right behind my classroom.



Thursday

Thursday morning I found a text from Dad:



Ever since he screwed up on my first military ID card, Dad has been trying to convince me that I was born on August 13th.

Friday

On the advice of C. the Awesome Trainer, I put spinach in my strawberry/peach smoothie this morning. You don't taste it at all, and it adds extra vitamins. The only difference is that now my smoothie had lovely green flecks.



Tribal Tattoo or a teacher who used an overhead projector?



If you guessed teacher, you are correct. You get a cookie.

No comments: