Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Love My Kids I Love My Kids I Love My Kids I Love My Kids I Love My Kids

Pardon me while I work REALLY hard to remember that I love my students.

It was 2006 before I finally stepped onto the Technology Train and downloaded iTunes. When I bought my iPod a few days later, I was in love.

Meg's Little Pod and I had a wonderful three years together. Today, my sweet little Nano was stolen from right under my nose. I was so mad I almost cried in front of the little snotbuckets. Don't worry, I managed to hold off until I was alone.

That's my iPod! My entire music library in one pencil-thin little vessel. The iPod that has gone on so many car trips. What in the world does one do without an iPod?!

So I detoured by Best Buy on the way home from work and bought another Nano. In the three years since I bought my sweet little pod, prices have gone down, technology has gotten even more slick, and the Nano now comes in COLORS. I bought a blue one (not green, heh). I've uploaded everything to it and I'm ready to go.

In the meantime, I'm HATING the class of kids who took it. A backpack search yielded nothing, so someone probably hid it in their underwear. I hope the kid who took it is happy, I really do.

Teaches me to leave it out, instead of putting it in my locked desk as I usually do when the middle school kids come to call. Still, one of the 8th grade language arts teachers leaves a digital camera out all the time in her room and no one has taken it!

File this under "lesson learned," and get on with it. Revel in new adorable iPod, which is blue and as twice the storage capacity. But still, mourn the loss of Meg's Little Pod, the one that eased me into this technology-crazy millennium in the first place.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry, honey. You should be able to trust your students and the fact that one of them took advantage of the situation the way he or she did is awful. Of course a backpack search is not going to yield results - my guess is that this kid has done it before and knows to hide anything stolen where a teacher or supervisors cannot touch him or her. BAH!

Meg said...

It really did suck, Dani. But I shall have my revenge--tomorrow, they are doing an assignment about how stealing is bad, and honesty being the best policy. : )