Sunday, May 10, 2009

Crazy-Fun Weekend, Part 4: Little Ashes

Little Ashes is a film starring Robert Pattinson as Salvador Dali. He made this movie before his big-time fame in Twilight. It's in limited release, and I doubt it will ever come to Stockton, so I opted to see it while I was in the neighborhood. Berkeley is right next to Oakland.

I had a couple of hours to kill, so I took some pictures, mostly of signs, and had a taco salad for dinner.

Berkeley is where old hippies go to die, apparently. It has, for years, been quite the place for fans of alternate realities (to put it nicely), so there are a lot of panhandlers, and random people talking to themseleves. They're mostly harmless.












The movie started at 7:00. I thought it was quite well-done, and I hope it shuts some of the RPattz naysayers up. Boy actually can act. I thought he pulled off the crazily eccentric Dali very well. But then, what do I know?

I left Berkeley at about 9:00, and arrived home to Stockton, exhausted, by 10:30. I stayed up 'til about midnight, and then collapsed in bed. I had one more thing to do for my crazy-fun weekend.

No comments: