Sunday, May 10, 2009

Crazy-Fun Weekend, Part 2: Keane

I've loved "Somewhere Only We Know" for a while now.



But I had no idea just how much I would LOVE Keane once I'd seen them in concert.

I arrived at Summer and Ben's new place in Oakland at about 5:30. Summer gave me the grand tour, and then we set off to have dinner before going to the Fox theater in downtown Oakland.




The theater is recently refurbished, and it's really cool inside.



Summer and I took one of our traditional do-it-yourself-portraits.



My camera doesn't take great pictures in the dark, so the guys of Keane obliged me by having some bright lights in their show. I think I'm a little bit in love with Tom, the lead singer. He's British, and he can actually sing. I mean, he really can sing. And he interacted with the audience a lot, which I love in a concert.






Summer and I struck up a conversation with the guy next to us, a big-time Keane fan who flew to Oakland from Seattle just to see them. They won't be coming his way on this tour, and he's never had a chance to see them live. He was very nice, and super-excited.

The concert was a BLAST. I'm so glad we went (this was my birthday present to Summer).

A new favorite song:

1 comment:

RvNGrammy said...

Witty Response...Yeah, right..Sounds like you had a great time at the Keane Concert. And thanks for introducing me to their music. They are great!