Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Now That I'm Thirty...

Now that I'm thirty...

I will care less about what others think of me.

Now that I'm thirty...

I will laugh as loud as I want...even if other people are trying to eat.

Now that I'm thirty...

I will settle into my career and stop feeling like a "new" teacher.

Now that I'm thirty...

I will think about getting that elusive Master's degree.

Now that I'm thirty...

I will save money instead of spending it all each month.

Now that I'm thirty...

I will buy my own plane ticket to London.

Now that I'm thirty...

Maybe I'll even become more wine-literate. But then again...

Now that I'm thirty...

Maybe I'll just keep on considering any wine that's sorta sweet, sorta dry, "nice."

Now that I'm thirty...

I'll carry my new "I'm a Pepper!" Dr. Pepper lunch box to work each day (hey, I'm not the only teacher with a lunchbox).

Now that I'm thirty...

I will act in my own best interests...but never forget to be sensitive to the fact that my actions do impact others.

Now that I'm thirty...

My Snoopy collection will only get better.

Now that I'm thirty...

I won't forget how to enjoy the simple things in life: the smell of line-dried laundry, the feel of sand in my toes, or the sound of waves hitting the beach.

Now that I'm thirty...

I'll still spend time in the children's section at Barnes and Noble.

Now that I'm thirty...

I'll make time for old friends and new...and most importantly,

Now that I'm thirty...

I'll still be young at heart.

No comments: