Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lentenor

My mom and I both followed the story of Barbaro very closely, from his Kentucky Derby win to his eventual death due to complications from laminitis following his horrifying injury in the Preakness.

His death affected me deeply, perhaps because, at the time, I was struggling so much with my own life. I spent much of that evening crying. It just seemed to reflect the sadness and despair I was going through personally.

Mom and I have followed the stories of his brothers as much as possible since then. In April 2007, a colt was born of the same sire and dam that had brought us Barbaro. For a while, I searched faithfully, finding very little about him after the inital baby pictures came out.

Tonight, for the first time in months, I did a little search, and I found that he now has a name: Lentenor. I also found the following video. It made me smile. I wish him a successful, healthy racing career.

No comments: