Saturday, February 23, 2008

It's a Sign

Many of you know that I like taking pictures of signs. At first, my criteria was that they had to be funny, but I've expanded to include any sign that is meaningful or interesting in some way. I especially like old neon signs, or the hanging wood signs you tend to see in quait little towns. If the name of a place is interesting, such as "Catawampus Fudge and Funk," or "Diva Lounge," that will definitely stop me in my tracks. Sometimes, like in Ireland, or in San Francisco's Chinatown, signs will be in two languages. I find that intriguing. Some of my signs are well-known around the world (Pike Place Market, Fisherman's Grotto), and some are meaninful only to me, like the Cooper House sign I snapped in Davis, CA.

My friends and family have gotten used to me stopping, saying, "Oooh, that's a good one!" as I point and click with my Kodak EasyShare.

Anyway, I have a few extra minutes on my hands tonight, and thought I'd make a slide show of some of my best sign pictures. This is not all of them, just the best ones. I look forward to adding to my collection.

Enjoy! (Oh, and it's kind of big--70 pictures in all! Click here if you can't see it on my blog)


No comments: