Friday, February 15, 2008

Daffodils

Almost three years ago, I was struggling with a lot of indecision and stress. As I walked to work one day, I noticed new daffodils coming out of the ground. It made me think of how hardy they are in the cold, and how tenacious they are, poking their sunny faces out early every year. They reminded me of myself in a way...and they still do.

I can bloom just about anywhere you plant me. I can take cold weather and other non-hospitable conditions. But even the strongest daffodil can be damaged by hard times.

I learned an important lesson this week; one that is going to change the course of my life and career, yet again. It was shocking, unexpected, and it bruised my pride in a big way. It was also, possibly, the best thing that could have happened to me. I have a lot to look forward to now. I said it on New Year's Day and I'll say it again. I have a feeling, in my gut, that 2008 is going to be a good year for me. I'm a little bit scared of all of the "unknowns" right now, but I'm excited for the good things that I know are coming.

Bring it on.

No comments: