Friday, September 30, 2005

Autumn...What's That?

Apparently, there really is a season called Autumn. I always thought it was a huge myth concocted by the card companies to sell Halloween and Thanksgiving. In my world (Sacramento), we went straight from 100-degree August into 95-degree September to 85-degree October to cooler November. Then winter came. Then I moved to Washington. (England had an autumn but nothing as dramatic as the one we're having here.)

But this Autumn thing, well, it's full of lovely surprises:

1. I will actually use my coat before November.

2. I can wear 3/4 and long sleeves. In fact, I'm avoiding short sleeves.

3. All the pretty colors on the trees. Well, except the evergreens.

4. Rain in September.

5. Soup for dinner on a gray day.

6. Using the fireplace and the heater and my comforter in September!

7. Leaves swirling down around my car as I drive down the road.

Yes, Autumn is a very nice new friend of mine.

In other news...

How's the job going?

Going well. It's 45 6th graders, so I have my hands full. I have a couple of little toe-rags but you'll get that anywhere. I'm working on them. Monday we'll start a bit of Music Boot Camp, Cooper-Style. After all I am Lt. Brat Cooper, USAF Ret. (daughter of Lt. Col. Cooper, USAF, Ret.).

But the school seems happy with me and I already have a couple of little gals who think I'm great.

How are the babies?

Growing like weeds and cute as buttons. They have made a habit of having their midnight wrestling match in my room. I often wake up to one of two things: two kittens attacking my feet (thank goodness it's cold enough that my feet are protected by a comforter) or they're sleeping contentedly and I'm twisted up in some way so as not to disturb their slumber. We have to fix this problem because Mom thinks I'm stealing them, Millie is disgruntled that she doesn't have me all to herself, and I have to get up and work and hardly need to wake up all twisted from trying to avoid rolling over on the kittens.

So yes, as a matter of fact, they have taken over the house.

And every time I wake up to find them wrestling or snoozing, I can't bring myself to mind too much. Because they look at me and purr. Yes, I am a big softie.

Scrapbooking

Current tally has the last year's worth of pictures in four books. I'm going to have one for each term (Fall, Spring and Summer) and a seperate one for the France trip, because we took a lot of pictures.

The Fall term book is almost done, and I'm about halfway through the France book. Finally got all of my digital pictures made into prints and I'm having a ball putting the scrapbook together. It's a great way to relive some wonderful memories.

And that's the news on this end. It is rainy and cold today, and a hot cup of tea and some scrapbooking are beckoning.

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: