Sunday, September 25, 2005

First Day of School

The lessons are planned
And typed up with care
The printer is working
I'm not pulling my hair

I'm ready to go
And excited to start
Tomorrow I'll share
My love of my art

It's only 6:30
I'm finished already!
So I'm gonna watch Lord of the Rings
Then it's time for beddy!


Sorry...I know it's cheesy, but, oh well.

So, tomorrow I start my new job. I'm all prepared--I have my lessons planned for the week. I'll see the same group of kids every day...what bliss! They might actually retain something.

This week is going to be heavy on the singing and rhythm games. I have some tricks up my sleeve that are fun. Some I'll use every week, some I'll only pull out every once in a while. I've typed up my plans. Even though I'm not required to turn them in, it is always a good idea to have it handy. I have to have a map. I've chunked the activities into 10-15 minute times, as I have learned that kids' attention spans can be very short.

I'm quite excited--teaching has proven to be a calling for me, and I love the energy and vitality the kids bring. I hope they will be a good group. It certainly seems that the school is well-organized. The few times I've been there, the kids have been respectful to the staff from what I've seen. Not that there are many of them out of class unattended.

Imagine that...

So if you happen to think of me at 11:30 tomorrow, send me a little "good luck" as I teach my 6th grade music class. : )

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: