Tuesday, May 09, 2017

To Phoenix...and Beyond! Part 4

After spending a few hours at the Grand Canyon, Summer and I were both happy to relax on the train a bit on the way back.

Alas, bandits boarded.





 We were left unharmed, and finally made it back to Williams, in time to catch some dinner before making the two-and-a-half hour return drive to Phoenix.



I was so excited to see a real Route 66 sign.



Summer was tired, so she held our table and ordered for me while I ran up and down the main historic street of Williams taking sign pictures.









Zombie Elvis


"$3.50 and up." 









I returned just in time for the food to arrive, and we enjoyed a nice diner meal before heading to the restroom...and finding the stalls were made out of old tailgates.


Bathroom stalls.
 I took a few pics of Route 66 at dusk, and then we got back in the car to drive back to Phoenix.



I had one more day to enjoy Arizona, and an evening flight back to Sacramento...which will be my last post.

No comments: